Who is the data controller?
The data controller responsible for processing of your personal data is Saleor Commerce sp. z o.o. (ul. Tęczowa 7, 53-601 Wrocław). You can contact us via the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or on the postal address indicated above.
- Saleor means an open source e-commerce solution created by Saleor Commerce sp. z o.o. and available at https://github.com/saleor/saleor (formerly https://github.com/mirumee/saleor)
- Services mean electronic services within the meaning of the Act of 18 July 2002 on provision of services by electronic means (consolidated text, Polish Journal of Laws of 2017, item 1219) provided by Saleor Commerce sp. z o.o. available on the Website and on websites, which are linked on the Website
- User or Users means/mean Users visiting and using the Website
- Website means website available at saleor.io
What type of personal data and other information we collect and process?
While using the Website we do not process User's personal data, unless Users voluntarily submit such data to us (e.g. by using the contact form, contacting us via social media, signing up to get updates from Saleor). In case of submitting information by the User we may process personal data such as first name, name, e-mail, company’s name, social media profile, IP address, etc.
We collect and process solely data regarding the User's visit on the Website, including data stored in the cookies, such as length of the stay on the Website, User’s behavior on the Website etc.
Data collected and processed within Saleor are data relating to the User's (Client's) customers and online shopping services. This data are not stored by us and usually we do not have access to data collected via Saleor, unless the User (Client) grants a consent to use such data by us for statistical and/or analytical purposes. We may also process data collected via Saleor under a separate agreement entered into with the User (Client) by providing additional services like customizing or implementation.
Providing data is voluntary but necessary to use the Website or Services.
Purposes and the legal basis for the processing of personal data
Depending on the content of the personal data submitted by the User such data are processed by us for the performance of a contract or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract (legal basis: Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR) or for maintaining contact and relationships with clients or potential clients based on our legitimate interests as data controller (legal basis: Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR).
If the User submits his/her e-mail address to sign up to get updates from Saleor, this affirmative action signifies agreement to sending of the above-mentioned information, which may include commercial information, and we process personal data to send newsletters with latest news concerning Saleor (legal basis: Article 10 of the Act of 18 July 2002 on provision of services by electronic means in connection with Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR).
We process data regarding the User's visit on the Website for the marketing and analytical purposes based on our legitimate interests as data controller (legal basis: Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR). If the User is contacting us via our social media, we also may process his/her data to answer or response to this activity and maintain relationships with Users interacting with us (legal basis: Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR).
Additionally we may process User's data for the purposes of exercising or defensing of legal claims (legal basis: Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR).
Data stored in the cookies are processed on the basis of consent according to Article 173(1) – (3) of the Polish Telecommunication Law of 16 July 2004. More information about cookies, including use of third-party cookies, can be found in the Cookies section below.
Data relating to the User's (Client's) customers and online shopping services may be processed by us under a separate agreement entered into with the User (Client).
Categories of recipients of personal data
Your data may be transmitted to the entities cooperating with us, especially to companies providing IT-services (e.g. providers of hosting services) and providers of email marketing services (e.g. Mailchimp, ActiveCampaign).
Transfer of personal data to a third country
Due to the fact that we use services of other providers, e.g. the IT- services or email marketing services, User's data may be transferred outside the European Economic Area. In this case, it will always be done in a way to ensure the adequate level of data protection, e.g. based on an agreement, which contains standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission.
You can contact us via our social media: Twitter, Facebook, Spectrum and GitHub.
If the User is using our social media, his/her data might be transferred to the provider of the social media sites and processed as a separate data controller for the purposes related to the activities of the social networking platform. In this case the User's data might be processed outside the European Economic Area (EEA), e.g. in the USA, where other data protection legislation applies and therefore, an adequate level of data protection may not be ensured.
For further information, how personal data are processed by the provider of the social media platforms, please visit:
User's data will be processed for a period not longer than the time necessary for the purposes of processing. Data stored in the cookies are stored no longer than 30 days. User's data processed for the purpose of exercising or defensing of legal claims may be stored until end of a limitation period.
GDPR guarantees you a number of rights and to the extent provided by the law you have:
- the right to know what data concerning you is held by data controller and how it is processed;
- the right to rectify any inaccurate personal data;
- the right to be forgotten;
- the right to restriction of processing;
- the right to object to processing;
- the right to data portability.
Where the processing is based on Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR or a consent granted on another legal basis you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
You have also the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority, i.e. the President of the Polish Office for the Protection of Personal Data (Prezes Urzędu Ochrony Danych Osobowych).
Please consult the GDPR text in your language to better understand your rights.
We ask that you direct all questions and requests related to your personal data to email@example.com or that you send them to the postal address of the company listed above.
We collect information contained in cookies and other technologies such as pixels.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit our Website. Cookies help us to make our offers and our Website as comfortable and efficient as possible for the User. We use:
- session cookies - these are cached exclusively for the duration of your use of our Website;
- permanent cookies - these are stored in your terminal device for the time specified in the cookie files parameters or until you delete them.
The Website uses the following types of cookies:
- "necessary" cookies which allow using services available on the Website, e.g. authentication cookies used for signing in;
- "security" cookies used to ensure security, e.g. to detect fraud in the field of authentication within the Website;
- "performance" cookies, enabling the collection of information on the use of the Website and the preparation of statistical information concerning use of the Website;
- "functionality" or "preferences" cookies which allow remembering the settings selected by the User and personalize the User’s interface, e.g. in the scope of the selected language or region of the User, font size, Website appearance, etc.;
- "analytics" cookies which allow to understand and improve our services available on the Website;
- "advertising" cookies used to deliver advertisements and to track the efficiency of our advertising actions relating to the Website or other websites.
The information about visiting and interacting with our social media profiles or other websites by the Users is also collected in so-called third-parties cookies. These cookies belong to other websites than the User is currently on, e.g. cookies which belong to providers of social media platforms and/or analytics tools.
The legal basis for using cookies, including the third-parties cookies, is Article 173(1) – (3) of the Polish Telecommunication Law of 16 July 2004.
Users can change the cookies settings at any time, in particular by blocking the automatic handling of cookie in the web browser settings or in such a way that the Users are each time informed about placing the cookies on the User’s device. Detailed information about the possibilities and ways of handling cookies are available in the web browser settings, e.g.:
- for Chrome: Turn cookies on or off
- for Mozilla: Enhanced Tracking Protection in Firefox
- for Internet Explorer: How to enable cookies
Changes of the cookies settings may affect some of the functionalities available on the Website.
We use the following analytics or advertising tools:
This Website includes Google Analytics software that collects anonymized information about visitors, in particular information from cookies, to help us provide better services.
Google Tag Manager
We use Google Tag Manager to manage tags on the Website, including measurement and marketing optimization tags.
Google Optimize Google Optimize enables to run tests on the content of the Website to learn what works best for the Users and to customize the Website experience. Google Optimize uses additional cookies to e.g. determine a User's inclusion in a test.
- See how Google uses your data and how to disable cookies. You can also block Google Analytics.
- You can opt-out to the creation of a user profile, Hotjar's storing of data about your usage of our site and Hotjar's use of tracking cookies on other websites by following this opt-out link.
Facebook Pixel and Facebook Ads
Facebook Pixel collects data that helps track conversions from Facebook Ads, optimize ads, build targeted audiences for future ads, and remarket to Users who have already taken some kind of action on the Website.
- Copyrights, intellectual property rights, know-how
All content, graphics, logos, interface, pictures and other materials available on the Website are protected by copyrights or intellectual property rights.
The User is entitled to use the content of the Website for private use and inform other persons about our Website provided that the source of the information (Website address) shall be identified. Any commercial use of the materials on the Website requires prior consent of Saleor Commerce sp. z o.o.or obtaining a license form Saleor Commerce sp. z o.o.
It is forbidden to duplicate, reproduce or modify materials available on the Website, irrespective of the form of these materials (e.g. in paper or digital form).
On the Website we may show examples of Saleor’s implementation, but we always take care to get an appropriate consent from our Clients to use those photos. Therefore, the above mentioned restrictions concerning use of the materials on the Website shall also apply to those photos.
Let's get started
Contact us to become the next business
to grow big with Saleor.